Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar Agra University
The muse of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar College (initially referred to as Agra College) was laid on the first of July, 1927, because of hectic efforts of a band of enthusiastic educationists like Rev. Canon A.W. Davis, Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr L.P. Mathur, Lala Dewan Chand, Rai Bahadur Anand Swaroop and Dr Brajendra Swaroop,.Unique jurisdiction of College prolonged over United Provinces of Agra, Central India and Rajputana with 14 affiliated faculties and 2530 college students of which, 1475 college students belonged to United Provinces. Initially, there have been solely 4 colleges within the College viz. Arts, Sciences, Commerce and Regulation. Schools of Medication (1936), Agriculture (1938), Dwelling Science (1980), Primary Sciences (1981), Tremendous Arts (1982) and Administration (1994) had been added subsequently.
A decisive attribute in influencing the schooling of a tutorial establishment is the pursuit of excellence and constant adherence to excessive customary by way of imparting data selling analysis. Throughout final eighty three years the College has endeavoured to maintain adopting these excessive concepts and has established wealthy traditions and advanced respect from the mental group. College has sincerely served the reason for larger schooling in northern India. The traditional precept of integrating moral and ethical values in schooling has been the endeavour of the College. To inculcate these important values in its college students academicians have been assiduously making an attempt to sharpen the content material and curriculum of the College.
The Agra College, Agra was renamed as Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar College, Agra from 24.09.1995 vide U.P. Govt. Notification No. 33/XVII-V-1-1(ka)-43-1996, dated 06.01.1996). The College now caters to the tutorial want of the seven districts of Agra Division Agra, Aligarh, Mainpuri, Hathras, Firozabad, Etah and Mathura. In addition to, the College is happy with having affiliated to it, Sarojini Naidu Medical School, which is without doubt one of the oldest and premier Medical Institute of the nation. At current college has approx 200 affiliated faculties and 15 residential Institutes unfold out in its 4 residential campus viz. Paliwal Park, Khandari Campus, Civil Traces Campus and Chhaleshar Campus. Moreover, this college associates faculties of Homeopathy, extending all around the State of U.P.
The College is steadily surging forward as a centre for larger scientific vocational and job oriented schooling and progressive analysis. The objective of the College is to innovate within the subject of schooling and to turn into a centre of excellence each Nationally and Internationally. The College will not be solely confined to impart high quality schooling but in addition to fulfill the burning need of the scholars who’re exploring the inventive mind and studying perspective of the scholars. The College is making each effort to meet the spirit of College motto “Tamso Ma Jyotirgamay” transferring from darkness to gentle.
Although initially affiliating in nature, the College has over time developed a sizeable residential wing consisting of following Institutes & unbiased Educating Departments: